11.18.2009

The Desk Chronicles

WHY is it that anytime you are looking for something you can never seem to find it?

Last year, I went on a mission looking for a desk for our spare room. I searched high and low and could never find anything on Craigslist, at antique or consignment stores, or even online retailers. I finally found one that I liked at Pier 1 marked down to $200 from $270. I still thought that was a little high for what I wanted to spend, but I broke down and bought it anyway, mainly because I was so sick of looking. Fast forward to now, and I realize that the desk is entirely too big for the room and specifically for the space that I want to put it in. Lesson learned: I should have trusted my gut instinct and waited for what I really wanted, which was a small writing desk that I could refinish myself.

So now, it's back to the drawing board, and this time I do not want to spend over $100. I went back to my #1 source, Craigslist, and of course, they did not have anything in my area. However, I did find some in other cities and states. Too bad, I don't live close enough to any of them to make the drive worth it.

In Birmingham for $50, including chair (which I think is a steal!):


This one in Chattanooga for $60 (I would not use the corner piece):



I really like this one in Atlanta for $79:



Then there's this one in Nashville for $70:



And finally this one in Savannah for $60:



Oh well, guess I will just have to keep on keepin' on!

No comments: