11.06.2009

20 things you don't know and probably don't care to know about me.

1. This is my fourth attempt at starting a blog in as many years.
2. This is my first time to make it past one post.
3. I have just celebrated my two-year anniversary with my husband whom, for identification purposes only, we will call the Brawny Man. The NEW one, NOT the circa 1970's one.
4. We have a child dog named Mink, a shih tzu-brussels griffon mix, sometimes referred to as a "chiffon," but most commonly known as Chewie.
5. I completely relate to the term "skinny fat." I am 5'9 and look okay with clothes on, but catch me naked or in a bathing suit and it's dimple and back fat city.
6. The money tree has been shedding her leaves since my husband got laid off two months ago. In fact, she's almost nothing but branches. We try and stay optimistic and count our blessings, because at the end of the day, we have a roof over our head, food in our bellies, and a few coins in the piggy bank.
7. We have been trying to get pregnant for almost a year now. I have Stage IV endometriosis and it is becoming more and more apparent that we will have to have medical intervention in order to have a biological child.
8. Even if God gifts us a child, my heartstrings continually pull me towards adoption, specifically a China girl.
9. Sometimes I feel like an old soul from a completely different era trapped in a twenty-six-year-old's body (actually mine looks a little older, saggier,and mushier but we'll go with 26; refer to #5).
10. I am a hopeless romantic, even though I would never admit it. (Oops, guess I just did!) I have watched Pride and Prejudice 4,268 times, but I normally just fast-forward to the good parts (i.e. Mr. Darcy).
11. My husband proposed on a cruise ship @ the dinner table. Guess he didn't get the memo about me being a silly romantic.
12. I cried anyway.
13. I have dark brown hair with red undertones, but have always wanted to be a true, vibrant red-head. Maybe it has something to do with all those I Love Lucy episodes I watched as kid.
14. I really, really, really want to be a skirt wearing, red-lipsticked, vintage jewelry encrusted, blunt-banged, sassy shoeaholic, but it is totally out of my comfort zone. Instead I am a ponytailed, cotton-hoodied, ashy unshaven legs hidden in non-designer jeans (gasp!), husband's socks-wearing (double-gasp!), hot mess of a girly-girl wannabee.
15. I am extremely shy and probably border on having a social-anxiety disorder, but give me a few drinky-drinks, and I will karaoke until the sun goes down and comes back up again.
16. I CANNOT carry a tune.
17. Everytime I hear the song "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves, I think of my mom putting on her Cover Girl eyeshadow and Love my Lips lipstick in hot pink while wearing Lee press-on-nails and dancing around the living room. Good times!
18. I REPEAT, I cannot carry a tune.
19. When I was about eight years old, I rode my bike straight into the brick wall on the side of our house and cracked my head open. Apparently, dad Santa's elves did not put the brakes on correctly. My family loves to repeatedly tell the story of my brother riding around in the back of the cop car looking for our next of kin because my parents weren't home.
20. I spend 80-85% of my day daydreaming. It is the way of the Pisces.

2 comments:

Erin said...

We could be sisters I swear! Well, I'd be shorter, frumpier version I'm sure (woohoo for 5'5!) but I too love Pride and Prejudice, struggle to keep up with a blog (sigh- my life is just not that interesting), am an absolutely hopeless romantic. I also have dark brown hair with red undertones (some gray in there too- how fun!). Love vintage but you'll find me in yoga pants and a tee.

See, I told ya! I found your blog from Mustard Seeds and just wanted to say hi!

Erin-

Heather said...

Thanks for commenting! This blogging can be a little daunting at first, but I am determined to keep at it this time!