12.21.2009

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...

This will be our third Christmas as a married couple and I am sad to say that this line from the classic Christmas story has never been fulfilled in our house. Alas, I was determined that this would be the year. It's not that I had never looked for stockings; it's just that I could never find any that suited my taste or my insanely cheap habits.

Tis the season to be merry...and thrifty, I say.

Below you will find my supply list:


I used what I had, except for the glitter and wooden letters which came from Hobby Lobby.

I started by lightly staining the sides of each letter, then modge-podged them, followed by a healthy shot of glitter.



Here they are all ready for their close-up:


Next, I took extra burlap that had been hanging around left over from this project and cut it following the line of an old stocking.



I had grand intentions of gluing them with a glue gun then hand-stitching them, but I got lazy and I also couldn't find my glue sticks.

Soooooooo....

I modge-podged them too.....and it worked!

Here they are all finished and oh-so-pretty.







To be honest, I could have skipped the staining step because you really couldn't see it after it was all together.

Are they perfect? No.

Will it stop Santa from stuffing them full of goodies? Absolutely not!

Thanks for looking and I am adding them to DIY Show Off Holiday Highlights and Kimba's DIY Day. Please check them out!

4 comments:

Holly said...

They turned out great! Love the burlap and raffia juxtaposed with the sparkle of the ornaments and glittery letters.

Nonflammable said...

perfecto. love the burlap idea.

Charity said...

I LOVE GLITTER, THE LETTERS ARE AWESOME. MERRY CHRISTMAS

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!